Skip to main content
Topic: Dometic Voluntarily Expands Refrigerator Recall to include 2003-06 (Read 1008 times) previous topic - next topic

Dometic Voluntarily Expands Refrigerator Recall to include 2003-06

Yahoo Message Number: 40076
UPDATE: Dometic Voluntarily Expands Refrigerator Recall

7/29/2008

Dometic recently expanded its recall on a population of two-door refrigerators. The original recall included some two-door refrigerators manufactured between April 1997 and May 2003. The recent expansion of this recall now includes the same two-door refrigerators, manufactured between June 2003 and September 2006.
To find out if your refrigerator falls within either of the recalls, visit http://www2.dometicusa.com/recall.php and enter the model and 8- digit serial number of your Dometic refrigerator. You may also contact Dometic by phone at 800-544-4881.
The recall addresses a potential for these refrigerators to cause an RV fire when they fail, so it is critical that all RVers who have Dometic refrigerators check their serial numbers against the recall list and follow the recall instructions for affected units.

Herb

Forum Moderator

p.s. I don't know which Country Coaches might have used these, but you can tell your non-CC RVing friends to check theirs.

Re: Dometic Voluntarily Expands Refrigerator Recall to include 2003-

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 40090

Norcold has also expanded the recall on four door models from 1999 and up. I found mine was in the recall. They are to install a thermal cutout switch on the electric heater to prevent overheating and causing a leak and potential fire/explosion. If upon inspection the unit is already damaged they said they would replace the cooling unit.

ddtuttle

(aka Billy Byte, trusty hound)
2000 Allure #30443