Skip to main content
Topic: Splendide 2000S vented washer/dryer lint screen (Read 3298 times) previous topic - next topic

Splendide 2000S vented washer/dryer lint screen

Yahoo Message Number: 11541
Did another "walk-through" last week on my new coach at CC factory.
Company rep couldn't find a lint screen to clean, nor did the owner's manual refer to one. We all just figured, then, that lint just blew out of the vent on the wall of the moho. Talked to a service guy at Camping World yesterday and he said the lint just washed down into the holding tank (this can't be right!!!!). What's the real scoop here? I have an '04 Magna.

Re: Splendide 2000S vented washer/dryer lint screen

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11542
The Splendide 2000S has no lint screen. We went through the same drill when we took delivery of our coach.
As strange as it may seem there isn't any. In fact there was an article in DESTINATIONS that also talked about the lint screen. I pointed out the error to CC who then contacted Splendide. I got a call from Splendide who informed me that the 2000S has no, lint screen, but flushes the lint into the drain.
We are fulltimers. I removed the vent hose from the back of the machine "just to check" to my surprise there was very little lint, so I guess it works.

Chuck

03 Intrigue 11673

with a Splendide 2000S

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11580
I do not know if our Splendide is a 2000S or not, but our Splendide has a lint filter in the back of the Washer/dryer. In fact, during our walk through, or PDI person suggested that I drill a hole in the handle and attach a string through it and attach that to a pipe in the back so the filter does not accidently drop down the back of the unit. Fortunately, I did that.

Tom Royer

2003 Allure #30858

Quote from: Glen Gieg"
r />]
couldn't find a lint screen to clean, nor did the
owner's manual refer to one. What's the real scoop here? I have
an '04 Magna.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11589
Someone on this board suggested some time ago discarding the lint filter on the back of the machine. I believe he said there is a fitting available to replace the filter so the vent hose can be attached without the filter. I asked CC parts for one and they didn't know what I was talking about. He promised to look into it but I've heard nothing.

Walt Rothermel
03Alluire30811

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11597
If you want to dispence with the filter media, cut the filter frame (removable part) apart at the bottom of the friction ribs cast into each side of the frame. Then cut away the remaining filter media and replace the top part of the frame into the holder using a small amount of silicone to glue it in place.

Gary Stanton

2002 36' Intrigue

Splendide 2000S

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11668
We have this unit in our new '04 Magna and are having lots of trouble with it out on our first big trip. The programmer seems to be messed up. We turn the knob to "reset", then to the program we want, then turn the unit "on", like the manual says. The knob rotates all the way around and usually stops at a "reset". It then usually washes and spins, but generally doesn't "dry" even though we have it set to do so. Sometimes it dries, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes we can't get it to start washing unless we set it on 9 hour delay - then it starts immediately. One time the door locked and we couldn't get it open. Had to run the clothes another whole cycle just to get the door open. I turned off the breaker switch to the unit, then back on, hoping that would reset something. Wife just said it did what it was supposed to just now while putting a load in. Anybody have any thoughts or experience with these things? Now she thinks maybe it only works on "permanent press" cycles????

Splendide 2000S

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 66820
We're having some issues with our Washer. Dial keeps rotating and "reset" has no effect.
Has anyone found a website or forum that addresses this product without first requiring one to open one's wallet?

Roger Uhlich

2007 Intrigue 12170

Re: Splendide 2000S

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 66822
Hi Roger

You call contact Ryan at Westland Sales,503 665-2563,they are the Splendide experts .

Jerry

2004 Inspire 51012