Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel tank cleaning Fuel polishing (Read 193 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel tank cleaning Fuel polishing

Hi folks We own a 2007 Inspire  #50251 , Cummings ICL 400 HP with 29K miles. We have owned this MH since 2011. Unfortunately, the MH has sat for the past 6 plus years in the San Francisco Bay Area. I know I will be changing all the batteries, tires and will need a full MH service. I am concerned that I may have fuel issues and would like to drain the fuel system and have the tanks cleaned and or have the fuel polished.  Has anyone performed this service on their MH. All comments are welcomed. Many thanks for your help.  Roger

Re: Fuel tank cleaning Fuel polishing

Reply #1
That is a long time sitting ....

How much algae you have will vary based on if the tank was FULL when you put it into storage  to minimize condensation and if it had a BIOCIDE to limit growth.

You should be able to run the engine and quickly see how much algae gets pulled up into the clear filters.  If you decide to move the coach have a set of primary filers on hand incase you need to do a roadside swap.

Fuel polishing IS call for if you have a tank of really contaminated fuel (like your new fuel filters clogged up in less than 100 miles).  A very common practice on boats as well and for the same reason-- they sit more than they move. . 

Re: Fuel tank cleaning Fuel polishing

Reply #2
Thanks Steve. We are on the same page.