Skip to main content
Topic: Change Hydraulic Fluid (Read 1357 times) previous topic - next topic

Change Hydraulic Fluid

I would like to change the hydraulic fluid in my reservoir, fan motor, and powering steering. Does anyone have the procedure to perform this job? 1999 Country Coach, Intrigue, 8.3 Cummins, 6 speed Allison Thank You in advance.
Dave
99 Country Coach, Intrigue, 36'
Cummins 350 ISC 8.3
SE Arizona

Re: Change Hydraulic Fluid

Reply #1
Not sure if its the same procedure, but I did have this saved.

As published in the AUTUMN 2005 issue of Country Coach Destinations,  the procedure for replacing the oil in the hydraulic reservoir is:

1) First ensure that the engine is not running and cannot be started accidentally by a colleague.
2) Next, locate the hydraulic oil reservoir that is typically mounted to the right of the engine compartment on a DynoMax chassis.
3) Loosen the top band clamp that secures the lid in place and set both the clamp and the lid aside.
4) Using a handheld fluid transfer pump, commonly available in most auto parts stores, extract as much used oil from the reservoir as possible and discard it into a suitable waste oil container.
5) Now unscrew the wing nut and washer that clamps the three hydraulic filters together and replace them with new filters.
6) Don't forget to replace the wing nut and washer and tighten them down to secure the new filters in place.
7) Lastly, fill the hydraulic reservoir with fresh oil of the correct type and viscosity for your coach until it just covers the top surface of the upper oil filter.
8) Replace the lid and band clamp; then continue adding oil through the dipstick opening until it reaches the cold full level on the dipstick. Recheck the oil level when the system has reached normal operating temperature and add or remove oil as necessary.