Skip to main content
Topic: Over heating Power Tech Generator (Read 663 times) previous topic - next topic

Over heating Power Tech Generator

Our 2000 Country Coach Intrigue has a Power Tech generator that has overheated since we bought the coach. (we're the second owners).
We’ve had the generator removed a couple of times by different shops, we've had the radiator rebuilt (added 2 rows of cooling tubes) and it still overheats. 
Power tech says it's a poor design by Country Coach that causes the overheating. Seems like there is not enough air flow in the bay where the generator is installed (right behind the left front wheel).
I can’t believe we’re the only 2000 CC Intrigue owners that have this issue.
I’d really like to hear what other owners have experienced and how they got around this issue short of putting vents in the bay door like one shop wanted to do.
We’re at our wits end with the overheating generator…..the only time we use it is when underway to run the roof air conditioners when the dash air won’t keep the coach cool or when stopped for lunch to keep our dog cool when its hot outside

Re: Over heating Power Tech Generator

Reply #1
I have had my 2000 Intrigue since 2001. I have almost 4000 hours on it. I have never had it overheat. Have you called power tech and talked to the service dept? They are very easy to talk to.