Skip to main content
Topic: New Motor Coach (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic

New Motor Coach

Hello all, I bought my first Country Coach. 2005/06 Inspire Siena 360 and wondering if anyone would like to share with me the best things to keep an eye on for this Coach? I do have a mechanical background and will likely do a lot myself but have not owned a motor home before. 70917k miles
Ken Smith
2006 Inspire 360 36' #51748

Re: New Motor Coach

Reply #1
Congrats on you new-to-you Inspire. We have a 2005 DaVinci 330 with CAT C9.
Things to beware of, per your request:

1. Aluminum radiator
2. Norcold 1200+ and the potential fire hazard it may create due to ammonia leakage. (FYI- we replaced our cooling unit with a JR
    Refrigeration helium-based (non-combustible) unit.
3. Recommend replacing incandescent dash warning lights (very dim) with LED's. (except for ABS, ATC)
4. CAT C9 related issue- engine warning light when pulling a slight grade. Had this issue since we took ownership in 2018. Finally
    resolved it by cleaning connectors on atmospheric pressure sensor, boost pressure sensor and air inlet temp sensor.
5. Weakest part of the C9 is the HEUI pump. Secret to that is to change oil every 6K or so.
    Check out Adept Ape on Youtube channel for more info on this. 
 Best of luck to you with your new rig!

BobM
CC Inspire DaVinci 330 #51335
Post Falls ID
bmascari- Post Falls, ID
2005 Country Coach Inspire 330 DaVinci w/CAT C9 #51335
JC Refridgeration Helium Cooling Unit
Crossfire Tire Pressure Equalizers
Bluefire-LLC iPad Software

Reply #2
Welcome!  We have a 2005 Inspire.  The list of issues is really pretty small. 

Make sure the hydraulic PTO has had a wet kit installed.  Keep an eye on the aluminum radiator if it hasn’t been replaced.  Read up on the fan controller if it is still the Sauer Danfoss, it can be problematic (particularly in wet conditions). Watch for any water ingress in the coach, particularly at the slide outs, address any moisture immediately.  We replaced the Norcold refrigerator with a domestic model and are very pleased with it.

I believe most of these items apply to the. 2006 also.  We love our coach, hope you do too!
Dale Collier
05 Inspire 53477

Reply #3
My post was penned before I saw Bob’s.  😁
Dale Collier
05 Inspire 53477

Reply #4
Thank you both.
Ken Smith
2006 Inspire 360 36' #51748