Skip to main content
Topic: my 2 fantastic fans are getting tired any tips on replacing? (Read 2406 times) previous topic - next topic

my 2 fantastic fans are getting tired any tips on replacing?

Yahoo Message Number: 97226
I have a 2003 Country Coach Intrigue with two of the Fantastic fans that work on and off. Wanting to get the right model to replace mine with. Mine are both the 6500/410 KIM model. Their web site shows that the 6000 models seem to be the replacement but looking on the internet the 6000RBTA offered on Amazon has a three speed motor and mine are variable speed wall switch.
Also wondering if these have the same screw mounting as the old one? Also was noticing some people say they have a lifetime warranty that is hard to believe on an 11 year old coach?

Appreciate any tips you could share. Just want to replace with as close to same model, do not need another remote.

thanks

Gerald Brawley

2003 Intrigue 11651

Re: my 2 fantastic fans are getting tired any tips on replacing?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 97227
Gerald,

It is probably just the ground wire causing your problem. It will corrode or oxidize and get a intermittent connection which can result in the motor either not coming on or running slowly. Sometimes they won't even raise if the ground is weak. If it has bad parts Fantastic will replace at no charge.
Good luck,
Kevin Burns

200 affinity 5865

From:mailto:Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 5:48 PM To:Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] my 2 fantastic fans are getting tired any tips on replacing?

I have a 2003 Country Coach Intrigue with two of the Fantastic fans that work on and off. Wanting to get the right model to replace mine with. Mine are both the 6500/410 KIM model. Their web site shows that the 6000 models seem to be the replacement but looking on the internet the 6000RBTA offered on Amazon has a three speed motor and mine are variable speed wall switch.
Also wondering if these have the same screw mounting as the old one? Also was noticing some people say they have a lifetime warranty that is hard to believe on an 11 year old coach?

Appreciate any tips you could share. Just want to replace with as close to same model, do not need another remote.

thanks

Gerald Brawley

2003 Intrigue 11651

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 97228
There are two things that will cause your problem. One is the rain sensor that is mounted on top of the fan assembly so that when it rains, it will shut the lid. The circuit board gets dirty and can cause the fan to not run. It can be cleaned with contact cleaner or a rubber eraser.
The other is the plunger type switch that supplies ground to the motor when the lid opens. It can get rusty and cause problems so you need to use a small wire brush on it.

Both are easy to service and will most likely solve your problems.

Don

'02 Intrigue 11427
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 97229
Start with calling them they are renowned for their warranty and customer service. Have sporadic reports they now charge you the shipping for part or parts.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 97231
I have had recent dealings with the company and your fans do not have a lifetime warranty. Atwood is the parent company and is very good to deal with. Give them a call and they will help you.
Britt

Intrigue 11836

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 97233
They sold the company two years ago. Still great customer service but no more freebies.

George

'04 Inspire 51061

Gone but not forgotten

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 97242

I would call Fan-Tastic Vent first. I have had them replace parts on my fan. The # 800 521 0298. They shipped the parts I needed at no coast. They have great tech support.

Bo & Kathy Lee

2000 Magna #5896 40 FT

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Rubicon

On Friday, August 29, 2014 10:31 PM, "George Klima klimageorge@... [Country-Coach-Owners]" wrote:

They sold the company two years ago. Still great customer service but no more freebies.

George

'04 Inspire 51061

Gone but not forgotten

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 97253
I know the lifetime warranty for Fantastic seems to good to be true but it is, at least in my experience. I had a motor fail and called them to get a replacement. They connected me with a local distributor who delivered the motor to my site at Emerald Desert in CA. I was blown away.
Jim Coshow

05 Inspire 51501

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 97260
The lids on my fans had started sticking when I read an article that indicated that some years back the supplier of seals for the lid had changed the formula for the rubber and they were now more prone to sticking and that Fantastic had a new source for the rubber seals. A couple of weeks back I got Fantastic to send me two new sets of seals at no charge but they did charge me $12 for shipping.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 97264
My Intrigue also has 2 Fantastic fans. The fan in the wc will start up on its own, and can only be shut off at the fan. The control panel does not function in these instances. Any ideas??

David White 06 Intrigue 11993

Re: my 2 fantastic fans are getting tired any tips on replacing? gea

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 97272
I will add my recent experience with my two Fantastics. I kept having the gearboxes fail. Each would give out about once a year. We did a combination of me replacing them sometimes and an RV shop the other times. I was at Country Coach in Junction City last month and had the tech look at the two fans, one of which had a busted gearbox. (When I say busted, what it was, was the inside gears on the splined coupling that comes out of the gearbox and inserts on to the raising mechanism for the lid.) What the tech came back with was the motor/gearbox was not pushed high enough for full engagement of the gears. So he put a piece of black foam under the gearbox to fully engage the gears. So far it is working well.

When I called Fantastic they mentioned the sticking of the lid. Mine are not sticking. And I don't put my lids up if there is a danger of tree sap or other funk dropping into them. These are really great high capacity fans. Several of my friends have nice motorhomes of other brands. The fans they have tend to be the cheap ones.