Skip to main content
Topic: Gen-turi (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Gen-turi

Yahoo Message Number: 76908
Greetings campers,

I have been considering a Gen-turi. It appears that the chrome exhaust tip on our coaches interferes with proper installation.
For one of you who own and use the Gen-turi, how do you install the elbow to your genset exhaust pipe?

Thanks!
Jay

05 Inspire 51457

Re: Gen-turi

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 76909
I was just at the FMCA Western Rally, where I saw a 40' Magna with an interesting Gen-turi solution.
He didn't want to drill into his coach for stabilization at all, so he had a slightly oversized chrome extension. On the ground, parallel to the coach, he had a 2" x 4" that was cut to the same length as the sections of Genturi prior to assembly (for easy storage in transit). At either end of the board, he'd drilled an angled hole to which he had two pieces of re-bar angling up to the Gen-turi tube. Where it intersected, he had a common screw-band (same type used to connect radiator hoses), that gave the whole thing incredible stability and support ~ and no drilling into the coach!

Nice guy from Fontana...I think his first name was Bill?

Just sharing what I saw.
Mark

Re: Gen-turi

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 76923
Went to muffler shop and got about 4 inch pipe to fit inside. I couldn't find the right size at auto parts store.

Buddy

Inspire 51887